Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Butt of a Joke

We were sitting having lunch yesterday, I was tired. It was my fourth lecture in a row, we'd been in 6 hotels, travelled hundreds of miles. Joe and I had ordered in Chinese food the night before and it was the best we've had on the road - incredible. So we brought it with us to have left overs for lunch. Most people were gathered in the lunch area at the tables at the back of the room. We sat at a table close to where \I was presenting. We weren't being anti-social, the carpet was tough to move on and it would have been hard to get back there, the passageway to get there wasn't easy either. We went with the path of least resistance.

A few others were eating in that area. A lovely woman asked us if we liked jokes that said something. We did we told her. She asked, "What did one butt cheek say to the other?" She wanted us to guess so I guessed, "Stay over on your side," Joe had trouble making a guess so she let it go. Then she filled us in:

What did one butt cheek say to the other butt cheek?

If we work together we can stop this shit.

We laughed. Really laughed. It was funny. It was true. It was nice to experience a bit a humour at break time, a bit of humour when I was getting tired.

The restorative power of humour is an amazing thing isn't it.

She gifted me with a joke.

I've decided to pass it forward.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahahahahahaaa!!! :) Love it!!! Thanks for 'passing' (pardon the pun), this along!! Take care and safe travels to you and Joe :)

Princeton Posse said...

LOL, Thanks, I will pass it on.

Anonymous said...

Funny!

Susan said...

What did one snowman say to the other snowman?

I smell carrots.