Monday, December 19, 2011

FYI

At Vita Community Living Services, the clinical team which I oversee, is trying to use our resources more effectively. As such we have begun writing short articles on timely topics and sending them out to staff. We figure if we can get information to our staff that we may then provide better care and, in doing so, reduce crises. We also sent these out through Ontario on a provincial mailing list. However, I've had several emails from outside the province from people who'd heard rumours about the resource and asking for a copy. So, if you would like to see the two we've done up ... both on the theme of supporting people with disabilities through the holidays, just drop me an email at Vita and I'll send them out to you.

dhingsburger@vitacls.org

Today's post follows.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Um, like what? I'd appreciate a little more description. Maybe titles of a couple recent articles and a very short description of the content if titles aren't self-explanatory?

Short articles. Timely topics. Sent to staff. Written in what style? Timely topics like what (or what kind)? I would like to know more.

Dave Hingsburger said...

So far there are only two, both on supporting people with disabilities through the holiday season. Sorry, I'm not sure how to explain more precisely.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dave,
Thank you for the articles, both VERY thoughtful. I am ( with your permission) reading them to support staff at our next meeting this week. I am amazed that with all you have going you personally answered my email - within hours, and sent me the information. You absolutely amaze me. (AGAIN)

Dave Hingsburger said...

Anon, yes you may read them, even copy them for your staff, no problem. And thanks for the thank you!