Sunday, August 15, 2010

In Preparation

Today is the last day of my vacation and I'm going to take it off. Instead of a post today I am going to refer you to a blog written by my friend Susan who writes every Friday for the faith blog Whatever He Says. She writes about her gentle confrontation with a member of her family regarding the 'r' word. The only correction I would make to her post is that she states the 'words hit' campaign was intitiated by me. I'd love to take that credit but the campaign was actually started as a result of a request for community safety from a Vita member and then was designed in consultation with Manuela Dalla Nora, Vita's executive director and Vince Papa of Ancaster Pope Communications, along with various self advocates and staff.

I will ask you to read that blog in preparation for my blog tomorrow. I was going to write it today but I'm too angry and need to settle down a bit before writing it. I'll do so much later today after a period of time for reflection. Then, tomorrow, I'm going to ask you, maybe even beg you, for help. Action is sometimes needed. I believe it is needed now. But ... wait ... that's for tomorrow. For now, drop by and visit Susan ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, right, tease us and leave us with antici ...

Brenda said...

LOL @ Anonymous!! Enjoy your last day of holidays, Dave!

Kristin said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with something that made you that angry.

Anonymous said...

Dave, I sent off messages to all three first thing this morning. On behalf of myself and my family thank you for bringing this to our attention. Shame on them!