Thursday, January 19, 2012

One More Request

Well, folks, the last day for voting on the Canadian Blog Awards is tomorrow. Rolling Around In My Head is up for 'best overall' and 'best personal blog'. Our niece Shannon at Half Soled Boots is up for 'best blog post' and Lene (a reader) is up for the same award - check them out and please vote for one of them. Belinda is up for 'best religion and philosophy blog' with 'Whatever He Says' ... and if you are inclined a vote there wouldn't go astray. My chances for 'best overall' are very slim (why does 'fat chance' and 'slim chance' mean the same thing?) but I would love to see a disability blog take that one. It's never happened. So, your votes do count. I know it takes time but I'd appreciate you taking a moment and voting. Remember, though it's the Canadian Blog Awards, you do not have to be Canadian to vote! I won't be bothering you again, unless I get nominated again next year.

Today's post follows ...

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Good luck Dave. I voted.

And "why does 'fat chance' and 'slim chance' mean the same thing?" is a really good question.

Dave Hingsburger said...

Thank you so much Kristin, I shouldn't admit that I want to win one of the categories, but I do. There, I've said it. Thanks for bothering to vote!!

Anonymous said...

Why do we PARK in a DRIVE way?

Sometimes the English language is just weird!

Belinda said...

Thank you for the plug Dave. I will post a reminder too!

Lene Andersen said...

which one's Belinda?

Thanks so much for the shout-out, Dave!

Trina said...

Love your Blog and have read a lot. Good luck on the Canadian Blog Awards!