I am feeling much better this morning. The 'flu' (the doctor said that people called what I had the flu when in fact it was not the flu - he said this with some distain but for the life of me, in my mind I've suffered from the flu) is taking its course and now a few days later I'm feeling much much improved. I've had several days rest and several days of being taken care of. Though my illness has inconvenienced others, to a one I have been met with kindness.
So, about illness ... here's 10 good things about getting sick -
1) manditory time off, you don't work because you don't feel like working, you rest because you feel like resting
2) no need for critical self evaluation, people get sick, you are people
3) being asked, with real concern, how are you?
5) snuggly blankets, couch time, hot tea, good paperbacks
6) knowing other people are at work while you are at home
7) looking at the computer and thinking ... nah
8) spending an entire day in a housecoat, a magical housecoat, with no thought of getting dressed
9) reading get well emails from friends
10) looking forward to getting back to a life you needed a break from to appreciate
Here's 3 of the worst things about having what people call the flu ...
1) knowing that something horrible is going to end up on the floor no matter which you choose, bend or sit
2) having the runs without being able to run
3) mistrusting farts
Here's 2 of the most frustrating things about being sick ...
1) having time to play games on the computer but not feeling like playing games on the computer
2) spending two hours reading a book only to realize that you don't remember anything that you've read
Here's the 1 thing that people don't talk about regarding illness ....
1) you really can get up to get that cup of tea but it's way better having it brought to you
So, anyways, I'm feeling better.