There are many ways to experience disability. Some roll in a chair, some use a cane, some use their hands to speak ... others have disabilities that are much harder to see. I get all that. But there are other, wee disabilities, that come with just living and getting older.
The Disability Called Age ... how to know you've got it ...
1) This morning my computer told me that my password had expired and I had to sign in with a new password. I panic at this. I only have one password that I can routinely remember. Every time I change my password, I sit down at the computer to sign in and can't for the life of me remember what the hell the new one is ... Oh No! It's cause for real stress in my day.
2) Gotta go,gotta go, gotta really go. At a certain age you just should never wear tan pants again. You know what I mean. It's awful when the groans of pleasure that emminate from your apartment come when you are having a great pee at 3 in the morning.
3) Suddenly I'm going to bed earlier than my parents sent me as a child. As it approaches 8 o'clock in the evening, I start to think about heading to bed to read for a few minutes and then it's lights out. Often I wake after a deep sleep and look at the clock ... what a shock when it tells me it's only 10:30 at night.
4) Have you ever noticed that you make the same sounds of pleasure when you bite into something that tastes great that you do when you have sex. We had breakfast at Cora's the other day and it sounded like we were in a bordello for heaven's sake.
5) Ummm ... there were five when I sat down to write this ... there were ... there were ... oh look cookies.