Sunday, August 17, 2008

On Holidays.



We saw a guy eat razor blades.

We saw another guy hammer a nail into his face.

Oh, and the woman who did splits on a rope strung between poles.

And the other woman who hung on a ring balanced on her neck.

We went to an old fashioned Carnivalle.

And saw someone eat fire.

And saw someone sit on an operating electric chair.

And saw someone catapult through the air.

We went to the fair.

Where someone swallowed a sword.

And someone else drank a cup of boiling water.

And then someone bent a steel bar with his teeth.

Yep we went to Carnivalle Lune Bleue ...

Where the people who were different.

Were the coolest people in the room.

I'd pay to see that.

Oh yeah.

I did.

(picture is of Levi the Strong Man and Joseph the Mighty Kid)

3 comments:

FAB said...

Cool!
Sounds like you're both having fun, I'm jealous!
It's amazing how much variety is out there in the world, I wish people would embrace it more!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite college memories is being pulled out of the audience at a self-proclaimed freak show - I got to stand on the back of a man lying in broken glass. Back then, I reveled in anything that was outside the norm. Guess that's why my current life feels so comfortable...

Keep having fun!

Dave Hingsburger said...

Amy, that's a wonderful way to look at things. I think it may explain my 'ok-ness' with being different. I've always equated different with 'kinda cool'. Like fab though, I wish people would just get it.