Monday, February 24, 2014

Canadian Blog Awards Announced

Thank you.

Thank you all so much.

Yesterday the winners of the Canadian Blog Awards were announced. You will know, because I'd mentioned it a couple of time before when asking you to vote for Rolling Around in My Head, that I'd been nominated in two categories. I was up for Best Personal Blog and for Best Health Blog.

When I received an email alerting me to the fact that the awards had been announced, I raced to the computer and found that I had won first place in both categories. I was really, really pleased. Who doesn't like winning an award?

What made this really important to me is that so many of you would have had to find the energy and take the time to go and vote. Clearly enough of you did this for me to take both categories. I am deeply thankful for that.

You will see, if you scroll through the award announcement that Belinda's "Whatever He Says" won first in the Religion and Spirituality category, Celine's "Running on Carbs" won second in the Sports category and Liz's "Life With Bellymonster" won second in the Humourous category and third in the Family category. All these blogs, from time to time, also write about issues regarding health and disability.

So today, all I want to do is say, 'Thanks!'

'Thanks. It mattered to me.'

11 comments:

Belly (Liz McLennan) said...

Congratulations, Dave! Thank you for the shout-out, too! ;)

pattib said...

Congratulations!

Belinda said...

Congratulations Dave, and thank you for being such an encourager of other writers. You "rock" as well as roll!! :)

Gloria said...

Congratulations! Happy you won and enjoy your blog each morning

Anonymous said...

Congrats! L

Jeannette said...

Congratulations, Dave.
You and your blog matter to us, too, even those of us who are straight and able-bodied. It's about being human, and being a better human.
Thank you.

jo(e) said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Voting for your site was an affirmation. Thank you and congratulations.

Becca said...

That's awesome!! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Purpletta said...

Congratulations, Dave & thank you for all the days you have kept me going when I wasn't sure it was possible...
With much appreciation and respect~
Purpletta