Thursday, September 01, 2011

A Photo Phinish!


Well, we've been home for a few days and blogs that I wrote about our little vacation have been appearing. I want to end those, officially, now with just a couple of photos. The one above shows Sadie in my arms and Ruby in Joe's.  We were just about to go have dinner on our last night there and were waiting for a table to be made ready for all of us. The one below was taken on our way back to the hotel as I wheeled along the boardwalk. Here I was going downhill and Ruby was riding on the back of the chair, standing on the two struts at the back and holding on to the handles. She loves this and when we get great speed she actually giggles herself silly. It's fun. Mike snapped this picture on his phone, without me knowing, and sent it as a surprise. Here it is for all of you. Back to the office tomorrow, back to real life for all of us.

10 comments:

theknapper said...

Love the photos!

Kris S. said...

I have probably said this or something like it before, but Ruby and Sadie are very fortunate to have you and Joe in their lives (and vice-versa, absolutely).

Anonymous said...

Kris said it all; and I LOVE RUBY SADIE stories!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, riding with you like that looks like a lot of fun! I hope the gleeful shrieks in your ear aren't too uncomfortable... :-)

Does Sadie get to ride like that, or is she not interested/not big enough yet?

Dave Hingsburger said...

lexica510, she's a little too small yet. we let her try to see for herself, now she rides up front with me waiting for the day she can ride on the back like her big sister.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are fantastic!!! I can't believe how fast those girls are growing up!!!

-KR

GirlWithTheCane said...

Such adorable little girls!

Thanks for sharing the photos...

Anonymous said...

How lucky Ruby and Sadie are to have you. The relationship you and Joe have with them is a gift and I can tell by the tender stories you right that you and Joe appreciate them as much as they love you. I may have mentioned this in past writings; Dave you look alarmingly like my father. So much so that I was startled the first time I saw you speaking. The few good memories I have of him are times when he was being tender with my own daughter. She loved to climb up on his tummy and spread her arms wide and lay her head down on his chest. I always imagine Ruby hugging you that way and it makes for a good remembrance of a nice time. Thank you (and Ruby) for that.
Jamie Lynn

Dave Hingsburger said...

Jamie Lynne, Ruby does hug me like that, but only when she's crying and seeking comfort, I think she can hear my heart break from the weight of her sadness. She gives really good, big, around the neck happy hugs. Sadie likes to come and hug me in impulsive moments, so into it that she doesn't realize that she's gripping the side of the chair, so my chair gets as many hugs from her as I do!!

Melissa said...

Those photos are gorgeous.