Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nothing, Nada, Not a Thing

I got nothing.

Oh, I tried to write something today.

But, I got nothing.

We're just back from a trip.

Hotels were all accessible and the staff friendly.

Damn them.

Venues we appropriate and easy to manage.

Damn them.

Rest stops were easy, flat entrances, wide doors, lots of accessible toilets.

Damn them.

If I didn't know I was disabled, I wouldn't have known I was disabled.

Damn - so what am I supposed to write about?

I got nothing.

It's hard to write a disability blog about the disability experience when the experience is of accessibility and acceptance.

I got nothing.

Because I got something.

What I needed.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Brilliant :)

Thalassa said...

I sincerely hope that we can run you right out of content for this blog. :) I'm glad you had a good travel experience.

Kristin said...

Awesome!

Tamara said...

What Thalassa said!

Anonymous said...

I am delighted to hear that at last you've had a whole trip of enjoying the same access and ease as the walking population. It's enough to make me wonder if maybe the TAB world is waking up.

Hooray!

joyfulgirl said...

wonderful! glad you blogged about 'nothing'!

Noisyworld said...

...and to think some people think that disabled people are ungrateful! ;)
How much effort did you have to put into finding all these annoyingly good places beforehand? -advanced planning the disabled person's friend! :D

Let's see if this lets me post today!

Anonymous said...

Thats the way I always thought it should be...

:-)

Julia from Germany

Anonymous said...

YAY! So need reminding that it's possible, that it's not a dream out of reach...