Whilst sick here's what I experienced:
1) loss of motivation for personal hygiene, if I can't smell it, does it matter
2) realizing that I got up to go pee only because the alternative was unthinkable
3) becoming exhausted flipping the channel button
4) thinking my voice was sexy only to discover that I was delusional
5) wanting huge dollops of pity, the exact same pity I don't want for having a disability
6) finding an inability to fight off a sense of futility
7) constantly having to shout into the phone in order to get people to shout into the phone
8) having no desire to participate in any freaking community anywhere
9) making chamomile tea so strong that it resembled syrup
10) having a mountain of crumpled facial tissues beside me ... more than I ever had as a teen.
Yep, I found having a cold way more debilitating that that slight little can't walk thing. Yet ... and here's the kicker, not one person said, 'Wow, Dave, I'd rather be dead than have a cold.'
Well, I'm better, I'm in a hotel, I'm off to bed.