Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Baby It's Cold Inside

It's astonishing how debiliating a cold it. Take a few sniffles, a runny nose and a sore throat and suddenly, I'm out. I find it difficult to focus and even more difficult to take life as it comes. Everything irritates me and as a result, I know I become irritating. A couple of emails came in yesterday that I knew if I responded then and there, I'd end  up hurting already fragile relationships. I have acheived a certain level of maturity in that I clicked off email and went to the couch to watch an episode of 'Lost'.

This morning, after a long and sweaty night of sleep, I feel marginally better and the world looks slightly brighter. This is good as I have to travel today to do training Thursday and Friday, then on Sunday we make a long trip to the Maritimes where we'll be working for several days. I want to be able to enjoy the drive and be fully engaged with what I'm doing. Right now, though, it still seems like a mammoth amount of work. However as I get better the mountain will once again become a molehill.

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with a regular blog post. It's hard to have much to write about when the extent of one's day is being tired from napping. See you then.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Dave, Hope you feel better soon.

Belinda said...

I totally relate. I had that cold with the sore throat and took Monday off work. My eyes were puffy and I felt like a one woman infection bomb.

I hope you woke up this morning feeling refreshed and better, as I did yesterday.

Colleen said...

Dear Dave:

I hope you feel better soon!
Colleen

Princeton Posse said...

Dave, Keep up the fluids, keep the remote handy and you'll be fine soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are unwell. Get well soon!!

flit said...

Hope it passes quickly!