Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Tying Up Loose Ends

Several people have asked me to fill them in on what happened, sometimes I don't follow up on blog posts and they wanted all the scoop, ok, well, you asked ...

Feces Happens:

I got the weirdest letter from the 'poop people' and they told me that my 'Fecal Occult' test was negative. I have to admit that ... um ... I had no idea that the Occult was involved in the process - although I'm not surprised. I mean witches cook with 'eye of newt' why not 'poo of dave'? Anyways the letter told me that my poo was negative/normal. Then they went on for several paragraphs telling me about everything that could go wrong with poo and asked me to see the doctor if ... like ... my poo starts talking or whatever.

So, negative.

Shit Happens:

The hotel that gave away my accessible room and I came to an agreement. After much too-ing and fro-ing with phone calls I spoke to a really nice guy there. He totally understood the issue and outlined how they could assure that it wouldn't happen to me or any other disabled person. I was wondering how come he so clearly got it when others didn't when he disclosed that he was the parent of a child with a disability and knows the importance of accessibility. I stayed there again on the way home with no incident. I really think it's all going to be ok.

So, positive.

I guess that's yin and yang ... and now you are all, disturbingly, up to date.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Ah! All is right in my world again. Dave's poo is "A-okay"!

And he has a place to stay - in Ottawa, at least. A place to stay - and a place to poo, should the need arise. :)

Glee said...

crip heaven Susan lol

Lene Andersen said...

Congratulations on the test (is congratulations the appropriate term??).

I've read your hotel saga with parts resignation, part indignation. Unbelievable, yet it happens so often that you're really not that surprised to hear it (a sad statement upon our world).

FridaWrites said...

Occult for this test or means no hidden blood. So no lower GI bleeding, which is excellent.

Hope it continues to work out with this hotel. The times that I've had the best results with accessibility issues have also been when someone's had a relative with a disability. Automatic understanding!

FridaWrites said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Glad everything test-wise and hotel-wise worked out in the end.

Susan said...

Ha ha, Kristin! "Worked out in the end"! I get it!!! :) (Wish I'd thought of that.)