I received a lovely email from a student who is reading 'Just Say Know' at school and took a shot at writing me. At least twice a year I get these letters. But what made hers different was that she wasn't asking me to do anything in regards to her class. The letters usually ask me to write a few paragraphs of an essay or help them with a take home examination. I always try to respond to emails (sometimes I fail) and I let them know that as they paid to take the course, it would be wrong of me to get in the way of their learning by providing quick answers. Even though I don't help them, I do kind of admire their moxie.
This letter said that she was curious about me and wanted the answer to fifteen fun questions. I've written her back an told her that I'd answer them on the blog. So here goes, Kelly:
1) Name ten simple things that give you pleasure
the smell of vanilla (real vanilla not vanilla candles p u)
watching dogs play
Chimes Ginger Chews - Mango, Orange and Original
visiting with friends
2) Name two trivial annoyances
people who don't say 'hi' back when you greet them
being in my wheelchair and having to drive over what people hork up onto the street
3) Name the best book you've read in the last 3 months
Tie: City of Thieves by David Benioff and Crime and Punishment by G. F. Newman
4) What's the best movie you've seen in the last 3 months
A Single Man
5) When you were 12 what did you think you'd be at your age now
6) What message would you like to send to the 12 year old that you were
You won't be dead - and it will be OK
7) If you could see into the future would you want to
No, not at all
8) If you could meet a fictional character who would it be?
Dug, the talking dog or, if he's busy, Bugs Bunny
9) If you could meet a living famous person who would it be?
10) What is your most valuable possession?
My mobility devises.
11) If there is a heaven what do you want to find there?
My dog Eric.
12) What food do you wish had no sugar, no fat and no calories?
13) What three non essential things do you always take when you travel?
tea, books, my 'lambies never crash' plastic lamb
14) What do you miss most when you are away from home.
15) Last thoughts?
This was more fun than I thought. Thanks for asking a few different questions.
So, Kelly, I don't think any of this will help you as you read Just Say Know in your class - but thanks for contacting me. I invite other bloggers to do these 15 questions and put your blog address in the comments so we can come, visit and get to know you, if not better, at least differently.