How do you find something to write about every day on your blog? I've been asked this question many times and I say that there is always something happening around that is worthy of note. I get disbelieving eyes. So I thought I'd give an example. We went out for breakfast yesterday morning in Halifax. There were ten things, at least, that I could have worked into a blog if I'd had the mind to ... so ... I wrote this when I got back from breakfast.
Ten things that inspired me at breakfast this morning ...
10) Seeing an elderly man pull out and then push in the chair for his wife
9) Seeing a young man, sitting at a table with 8 other you men, take off is baseball hat even though the other 7 left theirs on.
8) Seeing a little girl collapse in laughter when she spilled egg on her blouse.
7) Having the waitress whip a chair away from a table when she saw me coming down the hallway in my chair.
6) Watching a skinny woman slather two big packettes of honey on her toast and eat it with gusto.
5) Getting green tea served without ordering because I had it yesterday.
4) Watching a young couple pause and say grace before eating.
3) Noticing a little baby crawling happily around the table with everyone in the restaurant looking out for him.
2) Seeing a waiter, suddenly overwhelmed by the volume of stuff on his tray, be steadied by another waitress who saw what was happening and came, without bidding, to help.
1) Sitting quietly with Joe, looking out over the harbour.
Inspiration is everywhere, you've just got to look.