How do you find something to write about every day on your blog? I've been asked this question many times and I say that there is always something happening around that is worthy of note. I get disbelieving eyes. So I thought I'd give an example. We went out for breakfast yesterday morning in Halifax. There were ten things, at least, that I could have worked into a blog if I'd had the mind to ... so ... I wrote this when I got back from breakfast.
Ten things that inspired me at breakfast this morning ...
10) Seeing an elderly man pull out and then push in the chair for his wife
9) Seeing a young man, sitting at a table with 8 other you men, take off is baseball hat even though the other 7 left theirs on.
8) Seeing a little girl collapse in laughter when she spilled egg on her blouse.
7) Having the waitress whip a chair away from a table when she saw me coming down the hallway in my chair.
6) Watching a skinny woman slather two big packettes of honey on her toast and eat it with gusto.
5) Getting green tea served without ordering because I had it yesterday.
4) Watching a young couple pause and say grace before eating.
3) Noticing a little baby crawling happily around the table with everyone in the restaurant looking out for him.
2) Seeing a waiter, suddenly overwhelmed by the volume of stuff on his tray, be steadied by another waitress who saw what was happening and came, without bidding, to help.
1) Sitting quietly with Joe, looking out over the harbour.
Inspiration is everywhere, you've just got to look.
"Inspiration is everywhere, you've just got to look."
God gives some people eyes to see what others don't. Thanks for taking us to breakfast through the eyes of an amazing writer.
I'm trying to remember how I found you now... it must have been through Mole. I am finding myself touched and inspired by so much here. Thank you for writing.
Your daily blogs have shown me that to see you have to look.
It is hard though, as although there are many times the world looks far more beautiful as I notice more, it also can seem far more terrible.
But to see is indeed to be insipired, either by the wonderful things or by the things that are not good. It makes every day a learning experience. Something that is reflected in the way you share what you see.
Thanks for inspiring me to look more.
May God help me to always be aware of the many blessings that surround me. Dave you really need a national talk show or something. You are wonderful! Thank you!
Post a Comment