Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thanks

Rolling Around In My Head has the honour to have won three blog awards. Surprisingly we came second as Best Blog in Canada, first as Best Personal Blog and first as Best Health Blog. I am pleased to note that Belinda at Whatever He Says came in second for Best Religion and Philosophy Blog, Shannon took silver in both best Family Blog and best Blog Post for her work on Half Soled Boots and Mike took silver as well for Shoot First in the Arts category. And of course, Lene, took the gold in best Chronic Illness Blog.

I know many of you voted for all of us in the awards and I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for you folks taking the time to vote. It means a lot that you bothered to vote for Rolling Around In My Head. I am proud of the blog and proud of the level of discussion that the posts generate. I wanted to have a blog that lead to a community that was supportive but also challenged me when I needed to be challenged.

It's weird to admit but these awards meant a lot to me and I wanted to win an award or two. It seemed to be a bit of validation for the work that goes into maintaining a daily blog. I shouldn't have needed more than the comments and the emails that the blog generates ... but there you have it, I'm shallow.

I'll be back tomorrow with a regular post ...

right now I just wanted to say, Thanks.

17 comments:

Kristin said...

Nah Dave, you're not shallow. You're human. Huge congrats on your awards.

Belinda said...

Dear Fellow "Rollers,"
Thank you so much to anyone who did vote for Whatever He Says. I was honoured to win second place, even if it was to "Canadian Atheist." That made me smile and I sent him a congratulatory email.

Stephanie said...

I love awards!!! Congratulations!!!!! They are well deserved!

Andrea S. said...

Congrats!

Becca said...

How wonderful and completely deserved, Dave! Congratulations, and thank you so much for doing what you do.

Dave Hingsburger said...

Hi all, thanks for your kind words, Belinda, I wrote Listening to Lena who won best blog and congratulated her as well. Awards are only fun and really only worth participating in when it's a camaraderie experience. I would never campaign against someone and for me ... yeeeuk. So, I've sent her a well won congratulations.

Anonymous said...

The wheeliecrone says - Congratulations, Dave! Well done you!

Leah Spring said...

Well, that is very cool beans! And I agree with Kristin, it doesn't mean you're shallow, it just means you're human. Funny, God gave us flesh and bone, a vessel to fill, ya know? Sometimes we act like it! With our fundraiser for Axel, every time someone contributes, I feel like, "Wow, someone CARES...about us! US? They don't even know US!" It leaves me in Awe every time. Makes me all teary thinking about it now.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It was an honor for me to be nominated in "Health" category alongside you. It isn't shallow, these awards meant a lot to me as well, and coming in 2nd to an established blogger as yourself was an honor!
I've only been blogging for 9 months, and it is bloggers like yourself that inspired me to start in the first place.
Again, congrats!!
Jolene
www.gracefulagony.wordpress.com

Princeton Posse said...

You're welcome!

M said...

It's nice to have a way to thank you and make you feel validated about this blog!

Lena! said...

Congratulations to you Dave! Thank you so much for the kind comment you left on my blog - it honestly made my day! We were in fantastic company for the blog awards; I think all the nominees deserve an enormous pat on the back.

This was my first CBA experience, and I've been able to discover some truly inspirational blogs. Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I should comment more often- but, now I want to make sure t to say congratulations! You are a great writer and I always find your blog thoughtful, insightful and thought-provoking. The awards are most thoroughly deserved!

Pink Doberman said...

CONgRAtulATionS!!!

Lene Andersen said...

it's well deserved.

But I know what you mean. I feel like a total dork about being so excited that I want. I'm trying to be okay with needing external validation. ;)

Laura said...

Congratulations!! :)