Friday, February 05, 2010

Jet Plane

Well, after a month of living 'la vita local' we head back on the road for a trip to Edmonton. As we do so I get struck with three things:

1) I am amazed to be given the opportunity to speak to people all over the world, to share my ideas and ideals with audiences. It was never part of a 'plan', it just happened. An unlikelier public speaker you won't ever find. I'm uncomfortable in front of a group and very nervous about giving lectures. But I gear myself up with a couple visualizations and a prayer and go. As the first 'away' lecture of the year, it marks another beginning. Another opportunity.

2) Going to the airport again loads up the anxiety. It's always a crap shoot, will they be cool, decent people - like most are? But there's always the possibility that one of them will take in into their head to work out their 'issues' on one of mine. That's always fun. So the travel part is definately not why I do what I do.

3) Joe and I get to snap into that 'team' mode that is just so wonderful. He does his stuff to make things happen, I do my stuff. It's an adventure in reciprocity. Even though I get most of the credit because I'm more public. The organizers (who work exclusively with Joe getting things organized) and I know how much a part of the whole thing Joe is. I get to be entirely dependent in certain areas and I get to be 'the rock' in other areas. It's nice.

I'm writing this the night before, we'll be up way to early for doing a morning blog. So let's see, the bags are packed, I'm ready to go ... Just got to hit 'auto publish' and I'm ...

8 comments:

Kris S. said...

Team Hingsburger/Jobes! (and Jobes/Hingsburger).

Andrea Shettle, MSW said...

Enjoy your trip -- may your airport woes, hotel accessibility woes, and other travel-related woes be few or non-existent.

Manuela said...

Though we always miss you both when your away, the stories you bring back enrich out experience at Vita. I always look forward to your return to hear the new insight, the afirmation of things we are doing, the new twist we should try. To all those that take you away we are thankful because of what we learn on your return. Have a great trip.

Lia said...

Safe travels to you both, and may all the airport people be wonderful!

~Bookewyrme

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage, have a safe and fun journey.

Laurie said...

See you at the workshop on Saturday.

Premee said...

Have a good trip! Be aware that the roads here are unusually horrible and you have to leave pretty early from Point A to get to Point B. :-)

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Bella Kuree