Monday, November 12, 2007

Today

It's 9:30 and I'm only now writing my blog. Usually I'm up writing before 6 and have the days post published by 6:30. But ...

you ever have one of those mornings ...

where molassas runs in your veins

where tying a shoe is a challenge

where having a conversation that doesn't turn into a fight is difficult

where you are living at the edge of sanity ...

it was one of those mornings.

I checked the calander four or five times to make sure that it was Monday, that I had to go to work, that I didn't have the option of crawling back into bed and crying. But it was Monday. I have meetings today. Things to do, people to see.

Arriving at the office I grumbled as I got out of the car. Who the hell thought up this idea of working for money. Please.

But coming in the door and being surrounded by people talking, working, laughing ... doing things of import. Sitting down at my desk with the phone ringing already and the message light flashing.

It matters that I got up.

How lucky is that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A young collegue of mine who got cancer and survived it, said that after the diagnosis he realised that beng hapy means: having to get up and have too much work to do, even if you start at it reluctantly.
I think he's right, and he spoke the truth. Anyway the expression on his face revealed to me how honest he was when making this statement.
Mieke.

Casdok said...

Yes i think we all have days that start like that, but when you get going...its ok!

Anonymous said...

Very few people would even stop to think that that might involve luck.

Anonymous said...

Dave, A while back I left a comment in which I have come to regret........ I said I didn't get you and I thought you were sad, I was wrong.........I have continued to come and read your blog, and I have regretted making such a fast judgement (especially when I have a strong belief of "not Judging") I'm sorry, I was wrong :) One of your Fans :)