Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Diversity Done Right


You've all seen those pictures of kids with disabilities sitting way off to one side when the school photo is taken. You've all read about the lack of diversity, well, everywhere. How about let's take a look at diversity done right. It's fun, it's inclusive and, I don't mean to go all Ellen on you, it's gonna want to make you dance!

for those who cannot see the video, here is the link:  http://youtu.be/0EUEg7kd6Cg

There is no dialogue, the teacher and students are dancing to a song called Uptown Funk.

11 comments:

Andrea S. said...

It looks like you tried to post an image? But no image actually shows. And I don't see a link. Help?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! These kids, that teacher, all the work, all those colours. It's HAPPINESS in video form. Oh, thanks for posting it, Dave!

Liz said...

Woot!!

Jeannette said...

Wow.

Donna Kirk said...

I was kinda hoping to see a kid (or more) in a wheelchair....did I miss something?

Anonymous said...

I was having a completely downer of a day and that just put some joy in my heart and reset my spirit. Thank you

Unknown said...

David - I thought the same thing seeing this video. So many lovely, unique people represented in the performance. Lovely.

Dave Hingsburger said...

Donna, there is a kid with a disability in one of the groups and he's there again in the final scene.

Dave Hingsburger said...

I just watched again, he's in the blue section.

Julianna said...

I had seen this video via Facebook before reading this post, but having watched it the second time, I realized how inspiring it was. Not just because there was dancing around, but because everyone was dancing around together. I was inspired because even though it was only one video, it was one video closer to an inclusive society. Thank you for choosing to write about this, I loved it.

Stacie said...

This made me smile and not only because this is my favorite song at the moment but because it was so well done and all students in the school were included. All boys. All girls. People with disabilities, or people without. It was very inspiring and I watched it twice because it was so well done.