Today is Joe's birthday.He'll be a ripe old 62 years old. I am still 61 and will be a year younger than him for a couple of months. Something that gives me way more pleasure than it should. We are in Edmonton and will be having dinner with family tonight so there will be a small celebration then. I think for today I'll give you five facts about Joe that you may not know:
1) Joe has a great deal of difficulty with the computer, it seems to simply fight him back. He often sits at the computer muttering and making vague threats at Google.
2) It's kindly to say that Joe isn't really aware of pop culture. He likes classical music to the exclusion of all others. He often says that we have to get out of a store because the music is driving him to distraction.
3) Joe really is as nice as he appears to be. Always. Even to other drivers on the road. He's the one who stops to let someone in, the one who waves hesitant jaywalkers by ... the one who drives me to distraction - come on, do you have to be nice to EVERYONE??
4) Mashed potatoes is Joe's comfort food. He loves them. We have (veggie) bangers and mash on a very regular basis - this is one of the meals we have after returning from a trip on the road. Whenever I suggest it he always says, "Really, can we?" As if it's this rare and wondrous occurrence.
5) Joe hates to be centered out in a crowd. He's a behind the scenes guy and he's good at it. He likes the arranging and the planning and the making things ready but he doesn't like the spotlight on him. |But I'm hoping today he doesn't mind that I turned it on him in this blog post.
So ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!
It's been another wonderful year together, and for you, you get to be with a much younger boyfriend for a couple of months!