Wednesday, January 26, 2011

sooooorry

Hi, I tried several times to write today's blog and the words wouldn't come. Well, that's not really true. The words that did come were the wrong ones. I have a strong sense of what I want to say and the situation that I want to portray but my talent, such as it is, was not up to it. I don't know why. I wasn't distracted. I didn't lack focus. But even so, in the end, I gave up in frustration. So much so that I didn't want to try to do something else. I'm going to give it a shot again tomorrow. Please check back here tomorrow and there will be something here. If not what I'm trying then at least something else.

I appreciate your patience.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

why are you sorry?
it is okay when you have nothing to say. Sometimes the times to not say anything are the right times. Consider it a peaceful time.
Hang in there!

Ruti said...

Thank you for taking your post so seriously, and for all the work you do on this blog. I have learned so much from you and I'm grateful for the seriousness with which you approach this teaching.

Andrea S. said...

We all have an off day! You do this work for free, we can't fuss if once in a while we don't get what we were hoping for!

Take care, and I'll look forward to whatever you hand us tomorrow.

Colleen said...

Dear Dave:

Sometimes these things have to roll around in your head before they are ready for print.

Part of your talent is knowing when it is ready to stop rolling and go to print. I trust your talent!

See you tomorrow
Colleen

Belinda said...

I agree completely with everyone else. What comes out will be so much better for letting it develop more fully!

Witchy said...

Just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this blog. Reading your words make me feel less alone in my recent-ish disability, and you help me to be able to cope with the bad days as well as enjoy more fully the good days. So, thank you.

Liz Miller said...

Don't force it, when the words are right, they'll be right.

Princeton Posse said...

Ditto, Dave. Time to gather your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

If the time's not right, the time's not right. As much as I appreciate getting a new post from you every day, I hate the idea that it's starting to feel like pressure to you. Take care of yourself, give yourself the space you need, and please don't let our expectations become burdensome, okay?

theknapper said...

Sounds like this post needed abit more time to gel.
Slower is faster.

Dave Hingsburger said...

you know what's really weird. i've gotten more comments on a 'non blog' than I do on one I sweat over. odd!! thanks all for understanding. I just finished tomorrows blog and it's imperfect, but it's done.