Saturday, May 29, 2021

Today: Pandemic Be Damned

 I shaved my beard off today.

For those of you who don't know, I grew a rather prodigious beard over the last several weeks. This was not a fashion choice. This was simply a result of laziness. I never really liked shaving and did so only because I needed to look tidy for work. But I'm retired now. But I'm living through a pandemic now. But I don't want to.

So it grew fiercely.

So it grew furiously.

So it grew and made a home for errant cheerios.

Food in the beard, an unexpected bonus, snacking available round the clock.

Last night I decided that I would shave the beard off. 

And then it hit me.

I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO TOMORROW!!

MY AGENDA IS NO LONGER EMPTY!!

I AM A MAN WHO HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH HIS TIME!

FIE ON YOU PANDEMIC, I'M BUSY TOMORROW.

This is where I am now. This is where a lot of people are. Being thrilled at simply having something to do. Something attached to real life.Something that has nothing to do with existential panic.

I wish you could see me. 

Maybe I'll do a selfie this week.

THEN I'LL HAVE SOMETHING TO DO AGAIN!

1 comment:

ABEhrhardt said...

You're funny!

But you need to start doing whatever it was you were going to do 'when I retire.'

For me, it was writing novels (though I started when I got sick, continued when that 'turned into retirement' (how do you retire from being ill?), and was going pre-pandemic, and is continuing now. Yeah, I'm slow - but I published my first novel at 66.

Find your retirement bliss, and get a move on - time's a'wastin'!

You are entitled to retirement. You worked very hard. Enjoy!