Monday, November 19, 2012

Yikes

Whoa!

Today's been a rough, rough day. The 5 hour time change had us crash and burn. We managed to get out and do some shopping. We managed to scrape together a meal. We managed to do what needed to be done. But not much more.

It's been nice to be back in my power wheelchair, it gives freedom and independence. But I have to say we managed pretty well over in the UK in my manual chair, getting everywhere we needed to with minimum fuss. We are very clearly acclimatized to travelling with the chair. Even so, the power chair was nice. The only drawback was that we found places that had been fully accessible now were only barely so. With Christmas displays clogging the aisles I had to be so very careful that I found my temper fraying. We decided to wait until I was more rested before trying to negotiate these newly tight spaces.

So, I apologise for having a lack luster blog post today. I wanted to write a bit more but I am using all my energy pushing my body and soul five hours back. What work that is! I'm hoping that tonight will bring a restful sleep and that riding the bus to the office will give a sense of both time and normality. I'm hoping that my internal alarm clock won't wake me at midnight.

Hope your Monday is wonderful!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you did well to do what you did! I'm usually knackered after time away - even if it is just a couple 100 miles away! It is stimulating to challenge your brain and body to new things - but it is equally exhausting. Let's hope a couple nights good sleep and some routine polishes the rough edges off for you. Thanks for sharing.

theknapper said...

Rest up

Louna said...

Rest well, and don't worry about us; we will manage without one of your amazing, insightful posts for a day, or even two if needed.

Colleen said...

Dear Dave:

Hope you have a good Monday and it is not too rough to reset your internal clock.

I have also noticed the Christmas stuff clogging the aisles and it annoys the heck out of me.

Colleen

Nan said...

Its too d(*& early for Christmas! Can't we even wait until the Christians start to wait? The first week of Advent? So. I am holding out and not going in to stores with Christmas stuff. Not sure how long THAT will last! Welcome back, altho I loved your posts from across the pond!

Anonymous said...

Jetlag }}:-(
Hope you both feel better soon