Friday, August 31, 2018

Here We Go

We travel today.

That means, hotels and rental cars airports and long flights.

That also means a long litany of worries and stresses that come, not from travel, but from being a disabled traveler. There is so much trust involved. That the car will be the kind of car we ordered, not an upgrade, not a downgrade. That the room will be the kind we ordered, the kind I can poo in. That the support at the airport will be what we need, what we notified them about. Trust.

I don't think companies understand that this is all about disabled travelers feeling vulnerable and having to paying for accommodations with dollars and with trust. I don't think they understand that's why there is so much emotion involved when something planned for, arranged and agreed upon isn't on offer.

Anger based on broken trust may, for me, burn the brightest.

Yet, I go into the day to do what needs to be done.

To hold up my end of the bargain.

I just hope there's someone at the other end.

Here we go.

Headed to a touchdown in England.

1 comment:

helencs said...

Hope your travel is uneventful. Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday!