Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New Blog Feature: Dave's Calendar

I've struggled with what to do with the requests. I'll be somewhere lecturing and someone will say, "If I had known you were going to be in the area I would have had you do some staff training for us" or after having left an area, "I wish I'd have known so I could have come and heard you talk." Everyone is always asking if I have a website with a schedule on it. Um. No. There are those that can testify to the fact that I only have a blog because I know someone who helps me with it.

So what I've decided to do is to put information like this ...

I will be in Washington State on the week of May 12th for four days. So if you are wanting to attend or book a day then just email Joe and he'll get the information to you.

I will be in British Columbia for two days the week of May 19th. So if you are wanting to attend or book a day, then just email Joe.

The advantage for agencies booking on these days is that they'd share travel costs which makes the whole thing much more economical. And besides, I get to work more and travel less - which is cool for me.

You can contact Joe by email at daveandjoe@hotmail.com and he'll get back to you right away.

When I put these announcements on they will not replace the daily blog, the daily blog follows ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid i don;t have the skills, but i have seen other blogs where you can put a diary of what you're up to on - i'm sure there must be folk out there on CTF who could advise how to do that - i suspect it's farily straightforward.

All 4 My Gals said...

Hey Dave if you go to the layout option on your blog dashboard, you can click "add a page element" to your sidebar and then just use the list or text option to have your calendar on your sidebar so that it is easy to find and accessible for everyone. :) Just a thought. I look forward to the day when you are in my area!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think this is a great idea! I hope to see you in Ottawa sometime!